MF Consultancy Expertise
Formation of all types of open- and closed- ended investment fund vehicles.
Investment fund structuring:
- single manager funds
- multi-manager funds/FoFs
- master/feeder funds
- multi-class/multi-strategy funds
- side-by-side funds
- private label funds
- family funds.
Analysis of the needs that drive structure and domicile choice of the investment fund, including:
- strategy liquidity
- profile target investor base
- regulatory requirements (AIFMD, FATCA).
Analysis of key liquidity management techniques throughout the lifecycle of the investment fund:
- redemption notice periods
- NAV and dealing suspensions
- side pockets
- wind-down and liquidation.
Implementation and documentation of portfolio transactions:
- share or asset acquisition/disposals
- investor circulars
- board resolutions
- due diligence on investments
- listing and exchange notifications.
Matters relevant to investors of funds:
- review of offering memoranda
- fees, liquidity restrictions, etc
- regulatory checks on manager
- due diligence reports on funds and manager
- negotiation of side letters
- advice on disputes and class rights.